Working for Democracy
I’m not getting much blogging done here lately because I am focused on getting people to vote for change in the upcoming electoral referendum in Ontario, Canada. Elections Ontario is trying so hard to be neutral, in my opinion that it is not doing its job to educate voters, so it’s up to ordinary citizens to make this happen. This is an historic opportunity for Ontarians to finally say farewell to its antiquated First Past the Post voting system and join most of the world’s democracies who dropped it 50 to 100 years ago. It’s also the first referendum since Ontario joined the Confederation in 1792. That’s heavy, important stuff, and why I’m using whatever free time I have to organize a local campaign.
Here are my latest articles:
- The new voting system – more or less representation for the North?
- The most important vote you’ll ever make
- Back to school: a crash course on MMP, the new voting system proposed
- 5 easy things you can do to promote ‘yes’ to election reform on Oct 10.
- This week: Marie and David are on EZ Rock